Home > Flexible Circuits
Flexible Printed Circuit Manufacturing
Tech-Etch manufactures high reliability flexible printed circuits on polyimide substrates using advanced manufacturing processes. We specialize in single and double-sided circuits, as well as multi-layer and flex circuit assemblies. The flex circuits are built to the exacting specifications of our customers, meeting the most demanding of applications in the ultrasound probe, medical device, semiconductor test & manufacturing equipment, industrial equipment, and aerospace markets. With all engineering, tooling, and manufacturing operations housed in our state of the art 150,000 sq. ft. facility in Plymouth, MA, Tech-Etch is the perfect choice for all of your flexible circuit needs, from quick turn and prototype through production volumes.
Flex Circuits for Medical Applications
Tech-Etch specializes in high reliability flexible circuits for Medical Device, Medical Implant, Diagnostic Ultrasound, Telecommunications and Patient Monitoring applications. Manufacturing capabilities include:
- Adhesiveless construction for thinner and more flexible circuits.
- Additive processing for higher density circuits. Trace and space capabilities down to .0015" in production.
- Microvia sizes down to .001" diameter for high density, 2-layer flex circuits.
- Selective plating of gold and tin lead enables multiple attachment methods on the same flexible circuit.
- Selective polyimide removal permits cantilevered and windowed leads.
- Alternate circuit layer materials such as beryllium copper, stainless steel and cupronickel can be used for optimum performance in unique applications.
- SMT and thru hole assembly services. Package sizes down to 0201 & .4mm pitch.
Flexible Circuit Design GuidelinesVisit these pages for complete specifications on flexible printed circuit design manufacturing methods and capabilities.
• Materials & Multilayer Capabilities
• Flex Circuit Construction
• Manufacturing Process, Drilling & Plating
• Outlining Flex Circuits & Integral Fingers
• SMT Assembly
• Tolerances & Mechanical Properties
• Flex Photo Gallery
• Flex Circuit Glossary
• Contact the Flex Team
• Request Literature
• News about Flexible Circuits